Lesson 2.3: Analyzing the Exam
- Determine which common core algebra problems can be solved using a graphing calculator.
1. Revisit the exam you chose in Task 3 and determine which problems can be solved using a graphing calculator.
2. Note how you would solve each problem using the graphing calculator (when applicable).
3. Watch this video: August 2014 Common Core Algebra Exam Questions # 1 - 5
In the discussion tab for this lesson, reflect on the following questions:
- The guy in the video showed a few ways to solve the exam questions, including using the calculator, could he have used the calculator any other ways?
- Are there more questions that could be solved with the calculator than you identified in Task 3?
- Do you feel that these graphing calculator skills could help students have better success on the Common Core Algebra 1 Exam?
- How would you like to improve your teaching practice using these graphing calculator skills?
Next Lesson: Lesson 3.1: Teaching with the Graphing Calculator
Previous Lesson: Lesson 2.2: Problem Solving
Back to Mini Course: Teaching Problem Solving in Algebra using the Graphing Calculator
Http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCet_9V16Q5nvZBLQ932yb0w. "August 2014 - Algebra 1 Common Core Regents Exam #1 - 5." YouTube. YouTube, 28 May 2015. Web. 13 May 2016.
"Streets and Traffic." Emaze Presentations. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2016.
"Search Results for “calculator”." NGMN Graph RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2016.