Difference between revisions of "Lesson 2.3: Analyzing the Exam"
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
Revision as of 17:52, 13 May 2016
- Determine which common core algebra problems can be solved using a graphing calculator.
Overview: Earlier in the mini-course, you chose an old Common Core Algebra Exam and identified questions that could be solved using the graphing calculator. Now that you have explored different functions of the graphing calculator and how they can be applied to Common Core Algebra problems, it is time to revisit the exam. It is time to take a closer look at the exam you chose and determine if there are any problems that could be solved using the graphing calculator that you may have missed. It is important to take into account that certain problems can be solved multiple ways calculator or no calculator.
1. Revisit the exam you chose in Task 3 and determine which problems can be solved using a graphing calculator.
2. Note how you would solve each problem using the graphing calculator (when applicable).
3. Watch this video: August 2014 Common Core Algebra Exam Questions # 1 - 5
In the discussion tab for this lesson, reflect on the following questions:
- The guy in the video showed a few ways to solve the exam questions, including using the calculator, could he have used the calculator any other ways?
- Are there more questions that could be solved with the calculator than you identified in Task 3?
- Do you feel that these graphing calculator skills could help students have better success on the Common Core Algebra 1 Exam?
- How would you like to improve your teaching practice using these graphing calculator skills?
Next Lesson: Lesson 3.1: Teaching with the Graphing Calculator
Previous Lesson: Lesson 2.2: Problem Solving
Back to Mini Course: Teaching Problem Solving in Algebra using the Graphing Calculator
Http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCet_9V16Q5nvZBLQ932yb0w. "August 2014 - Algebra 1 Common Core Regents Exam #1 - 5." YouTube. YouTube, 28 May 2015. Web. 13 May 2016.
"Streets and Traffic." Emaze Presentations. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2016.
"Search Results for “calculator”." NGMN Graph RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2016.