Jenna Schrumpf's Mini Course: FBA: Functional Behavioral Assessment
Return to Jenna Schrumpf's Portfolio Page
FBA: Functional Behavioral Assessment
Welcome to this mini course on Functional Behavior Assessments. I am so excited to be working with you. Please read below for a brief introduction on FBAs and then click on the link to find out course requirements and what it will entail.
Think about a time you had either one or more students in your classroom that just kept disrupting classroom instruction. What did you do when that student or those students were disrupting? Would you of handled that situation differently? Usually when students disrupt classroom instruction, the teacher will immediately address the problem with verbal reprimands, punishment, etc. This may stop the student from undesired behavior in the short term, but soon enough the behavior will come out again. Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs) are conducted to look beyond the behavior itself and figure out why the specific behavior is occurring.
Please go to the link below to find out more about this course. http://jschrumpf.edu.glogster.com/blank-8898/
- Participants will learn how to analyze an FBA to determine the antecedents that set the stage for challenging behavior.
- Participants will learn how to analyze an FBA to determine the function of the behavior.
- Participants will learn how to conduct an FBA.
Click on each unit below to complete!
- Participants will learn an overview of concepts surrounding positive and negative reinforcement to increase or maintain behavior and punishment to decrease behavior.
- Participants will learn and participate in a discussion about what constitutes functions of behavior and an introduction to the direct method of functional behavior assessment.
- Participants will learn how to conduct your own functional behavior assessment and analyze the results
- Participants will learn and discuss how changes to antecedents and consequences of challenging behavior can be made and how to reinforce replacement behaviors.