Jason Chwirut's Portfolio Page
STATEMENT OF INTENT
Camtasia Studio: The Power of Screen Capture
This is a professional development course that introduces the Camtasia software and informs learners about the advantages video beholds.
Topics which will be covered:
- The purpose of Camtasia Studio and what does it do?
- How to use the software
- How does the use of Camtasia enhance instruction?
By the end of the course, students will be able to not only create their own movie but understand the advantages of using video in the classroom.
The Instructional Problem
The nature of what is to be learned
About the learners
The Teaching and Learning Center on campus provides the faculty and staff with an up-to-date learning classroom with individual workstations. This will be the primary setting for this class. Each computer work station will have the Camtasia software and full access to the Internet. The instructor workstation will have projection capability so individuals in the class can be instructed with visual aid.
- What is a screen capture and why do we use them?
- How do we make one?
- Can we edit a screen capture?
- How do we produce a video so we can use it in our classroom?
- Is there instructional value?
- To provide faculty and staff with a new method of presenting information
- To reach a basic level of understanding to the Camtasia software and what it has to offer