Incorporating Movement into Read Alouds
Return to: ETAP 623 Fall 2020 (Zhang)
My Topic and Purpose
This mini-course will give educators an insight on different techniques and explanations on incorporating movement into read alouds for students. This topic is geared more towards younger grades, but some ideas can be used throughout older grades as well. This mini-course will allow educators to explore the positive effects on students when incorporating movement into their own read aloud lessons with support on the most effective way to do so. The following questions will be discussed during this course:
- What is the Read and Move Program?
- How are movements during read alouds effective in learning?
- How can you make the best book choice that incorporates movement?
- What techniques can be used in read aloud discussions to help support literacy skills?
This mini-course will involve a range of information around effective read aloud lessons. Not only will you learn about incorporating movement into read alouds, but you will also get an understanding on the effectiveness of incorporating movement, the best book choice, and techniques to follow during read aloud discussions.
At the completion of this mini-course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Read and Move Program
- Understand the different characteristics of book choices
- Use appropriate book choice and strategies to develop effective read aloud lesson plans
- Understand different read aloud strategies to implement into lesson plans
- Create an effective read aloud lesson plan that incorporates movement