Difference between revisions of "Flossing"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
Revision as of 22:02, 11 December 2015
After this lesson you will be able to:
- identify and recommend appropriate floss for individual needs
- demonstrate a selection of floss found in local stores
- explain the flossing technique
- effectively remove plaque through proper flossing
Viewing & Reading Assignments
Follow the link to read about the proper flossing technique:
View the following video to learn how the proper flossing technique:
Share the first time you learned how to floss and when you began to floss daily. What type of floss do you use? Post in the discussion posting at the start of this lesson and reply to 2-3 peer discussion postings.
- View the Flossing video and reflect on your personal flossing routine
- Share your flossing experience and routine in the class discussion
- What kind?
- Select the floss that can easily fit between your teeth without shredding
- Floss piks are alternative to string type floss
- Floss threaders are used to thread floss underneath permanently placed bridgework (tooth replacement)
- How to?
- Pull 12-18' piece of floss
- wrap each end around middle fingers (not too tight)
- ease floss between each tooth
- rub floss to remove plaque from surfaces between teeth
- let go of one end and draw through
- repeat between each tooth
Return to: Lesson Two-Toothbrushes & Floss