Excel in the Math Classroom
Welcome students! It is no question that technology is a huge part of your life, and will continue to be in college and someday in your career. A really helpful tool to know how to use is Excel. It can be extremely helpful for math activities. In this course you will be introduced to Microsoft Excel 2007. You will learn about the different parts and features of Excel,how to create a spreadsheet, how to create graphs, and then put it all together in a final project dealing with statistics. I hope you have fun!!
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Use Excel to create a spreadsheet to organize data.
- Perform mathematical operations using different functions and formulas in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Create a bar graph and a line graph.
- Student will become familiar with Excel 2007
- Student will be able to recognize Excel formulas.
- Student will collect data and create an excel spreadsheet.
- Student will use formulas to calculate different data.
- Student will format the spreadsheet to look professional.
- Student will use the spreadsheets created in unit two to create graphs.