Introduction - About Me
I think I knew I wanted to be a teacher all my life. As a child, I remember setting stuffed animals in little desks and teaching them the day's lesson. Eventually those animals turned into friends and a childish dream became a career aspiration.
I have been teaching Spanish for 7 years and am in my 2nd year at a public school. Though I miss the cozy feeling of a private school, I am excited for this new adventure.
I am about half way through the CDIT program at the University of Albany. I love how I am growing as an educator and how this program is giving me the tools to put my student's learning first, above all else.
My Topic & Purpose
TPRS & Comprehensible Input
What is TPRS and Comprehensible Input?
My goals / objectives for this mini-course are:
1. Understanding the concept of what TPRS and Comprehensible Input are.
2. What are some basic ideas behind TPRS and CI? What are some misconceptions?
3. Sample activities
4. How to implement activities into your already developed curriculum.
What do you already know about TPRS and Comprehensible Input.
1. TPRS - Total Physical Response Storytelling - What does it mean to story tell? What would be the purpose of telling a story in class? Have your ever told a story in class?
2. What does it mean to be comprehensible?