ETAP 623 Spring 2019
The ETAP 623 class will use this wiki as a primary tool to create mini-courses, deploying your knowledge and skills learned about the ID processes.
The goal of this wiki site is to provide an open space for co-developing public knowledge--collective educational know-how--in the service of continuous teacher learning, improvement, and innovation. When you contribute to this open space, please realize that any page you create here will be instantly accessible to other authors and visitors (if they search/open your page). If you have any concern about this openness or want to prevent your work from being publicly visited, please contact Dr. Jianwei Zhang at jzhang1(at)albany.edu to negotiate a special setting or remove your pages from this site after your class is completed.
The ID Processes
- The design project expects you to exercise the processes of instructional design as we study/read about each component/step of it in this course. The processes need to be documented in your project portfolio page.
- Project Portfolio Page Template Once on this page, click the edit button and "copy" the template, then hit cancel at the bottom of the page (not "submit"). Then paste the material on to a new page that you have created. Be sure to create the new page first!
- example 1: Emily_Zeh's_Portfolio_Page and
- example 2: Rebecca_G.'s_Portfolio_Page
- The design processes are scheduled as ETAP 623 Spring 2019 Design Project Agenda
As your end product, you will produce a mini-course for teacher learning, such as Integrating_Metacognitive_Development_in_Mathematics_Instruction, with teachers as your target learner/audience;
- This design process (portfolio) and end product (mini-course) will be evaluated based on the following Evaluation_criteria
General Suggestions and Feedback from the Instructor
* Please click here to see very helpful General Suggestions and Feedback
- IMPORTANT! Name your wikipages and attached files using unique titles/filenames: This Wiki system will overwrite pages/files with the same name. So IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE NAME OUR WIKIPAGES USING UNIQUE TITLES. For example, instead of "unit 1" or "lesson 1" you should use "Unit 1: Specific Title..." Similarly, for your curriculum maps and other attached files, please also use unique filenames such as "ICM_your name.doc"
- If you are trying to find useful videos (e.g., classroom episodes, educational videos) that can be embedded in your mini-course, you may find this site helpful:http://www.watchknow.org/
Video Tutorials about Wiki Editing
A few tutorials about the wiki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABA7bFjIF0 (adding and uploading images)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssTwH6km8S4 (creating new linked pages)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN4ucHQMc6U (copying code from someone else’s page, creating headings and table of contents)
- It is always a good idea to first draft your text in a word processing package and then save it outside of the wiki. Back-ups are always handy to have!
Please add your name below and link your name to your personal user page.
Below are some samples for you. Click on the "edit" tab on the top right-hand side of this wiki page to see the text formatting/commands used to click these pages and links. You can also view it step by step in the video tutorial above (the second tutorial).
Sample: Elizabeth Johnston Transitioning from Patchwriting to Effective Paraphrasing (Spring 2016)