ETAP 623 Spring 2013 - Zhang
Revision as of 16:39, 3 November 2021 by Jianwei Zhang (talk | contribs) (→Workplace Learning and Training)
Did you mean to go to ETAP 623 Spring 2013 - Wilde?
The ID Processes
- The design project expects you to exercise the processes of instructional design as we study/read about each component/step of it in this course; the processes need to be documented in your portfolio, such as these two:
- The design processes are scheduled as ETAP 623 Spring 2013 Design Project Agenda
As your end product, you will produce
- A mini-course for teacher learning, such as Data analysis for differentiated instruction, with teachers as your target learner/audience; OR
- An instructional case report such as: Problem Based Curriculum Development - A Case Study, providing/implementing a set of lessons for students to learn about a core topic. Other teachers will also be able to benefit from analyzing your lessons, as an instructional case, to understand the teaching approach, tool, or assessment that have applied.
- This end product will be evaluated based on the following Evaluation_criteria
General Suggestions and Feedback from the Instructor
- Please see General Suggestions and Feedback
- IMPORTANT! Name your wikipages and attached files using unique titles/filenames: This Wiki system will overwrite pages/files with the same name. So IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE NAME OUR WIKIPAGES USING UNIQUE TITLES. For example, instead of "unit 1" or "lesson 1" you should use "Unit 1: Specific Title..." Similarly, for your curriculum maps and other attached files, please also use unique filenames such as "ICM_your name.doc"
- If you are trying to find useful videos (e.g., classroom episodes, educational videos) that can be embedded in your mini-course, you may find this site helpful: http://www.watchknow.org/
- SOMETIMES WHEN SAVING YOUR PAGE THE SYSTEM WILL ASK YOU TO SOLVE A SIMPLE MATH, TO PREVENT POSSIBLE spam changes. You have to solve the math problem before your text can be saved.
- It is alway a good idea to first draft your text in a word processor and save it on your disk.
ETAP 623 Spring 2013 Class Members
Please add your name below and link your name to your personal user page. To encourage peer review and feedback, and specifically to prepare for our "developmental try-out," I have set up a few small groups. Please give feedback on the FIRST UNIT "discussion tab" for members of your group who have created their first unit. If you have not finished unit one please focus on that! Look to your team mates efforts to get ideas.
- Jianwei Zhang Instructor, ETAP associate professor
Math and Science Teaching
- Ryan Alescio Technology Supported Collaborative Learning Student, High School Math Teacher (instructor commented on your draft unit, 4/30)
- Keriann Earl Using iPads In The Classroom Student, High School Science Teacher (instructor commented on your draft unit, 4/30)
- Kristen Savastano Making Connections in the Geometry Classroom Student, High School Math Teacher (instructor commented on your draft unit, 5/1)
- Celeste Sisson Integrating Geometer's SketchPad into Mathematics Curriculum Student, Middle School Math Teacher (8th Grade) (instructor commented on your on your draft unit, 5/1)
- Katie Matthews Integrating Student Response Systems in Mathematics Instruction Student, Substitute Teacher and Math Tutor (instructor commented on your on your draft unit, 5/1)
Technology integration 1
- Sarah Morehouse Using Wikipedia to Teach Critical Thinking and Information Literacy Student, Librarian at SUNY Empire State College (instructor commented on your draft unit, 5/1)
- Yvonne Koulikov Best Practices in a BYOD Environment for Grades 5 - 12 Student and Instructional Technology Staff Developer (instructor commented on your draft unit, 5/1)
Technology integration 2
- Jeanne Weber Fearless Integration Of Technology In The Elementary Classroom Student, Technology Teacher/Coordinator, PreK-6th (instructor commented on your draft unit, 5/1)
- Amanda Godfrey Blogs in the Literacy Classroom Student, 5th Grade Teacher (instructor commented on your draft unit, unit 1, 5/2)
- Brittany Zadrozinski Social Networking for the Classroom Student, 3rd grade Teacher (instructor commented on your draft unit, unit 1, 5/2)
- William Jones Portfolio Integrating technology into a Physical Education Curriculum (instructor commented on your draft unit, 5/4)
Music and Art
- Melyssa Swett The Physics of Music Student, Substitute Teacher, and Music Lesson Instructor (instructor commented on your draft unit, 5/2)
- Ashley Pedrotti Integrating the Arts into Education Student, Substitute School Teacher (instructor commented on your draft unit, 5/2)
Addressing Special and Diverse Needs of Learners
- Kendyl Smeatin Supporting Students With Autism Spectrum Disorder(instructor commented on your draft unit, 5/2)
- Heather Kurto Autism in the General Education Setting Student, Special Education Teacher, Middle School (instructor commented on your draft unit, 5/2)
- Gia Campanella Schneider - Diversity-Neutral Learning Environments - Graduate Student and Research Assistant at the University at Albany (instructor commented on your draft unit, 5/2)
Workplace Learning and Training
- Katie Spina Using GoTo Training to Facilitate Learning Student, Client Implementation Coordinator at Informz (instructor commented on your task analysis, 4/11)
Language and literacy
- Shihhan Kung Character Education: The units Student, Elementary School Teacher (instructor commented on your draft unit, 5/2)
- HyunJu Yoo Translation as a Method of Language Teaching Student, Educational Researcher (instructor commented on your draft unit, 5/5)
- Matthew Daly Student, ESL Teacher