ETAP 623 Fall 2016
The ETAP 623 class will use this wiki as a primary tool to create mini-courses, deploying your knowledge and skills learned about the ID processes. (Note: If you prefer to use a different tool, such as Google Sites, to create your online mini-course, please discuss with the instructor.)
The ID Processes
- The design project expects you to exercise the processes of instructional design as we study/read about each component/step of it in this course. The processes need to be documented in your project portfolio page.
- The design processes are scheduled as ETAP 623 Fall 2016 Design Project Agenda
As your end product, you will produce a mini-course for teacher learning, such as Integrating_Metacognitive_Development_in_Mathematics_Instruction, with teachers as your target learner/audience;
- This design process (portfolio) and end product (mini-course) will be evaluated based on the following Evaluation_criteria
General Suggestions and Feedback from the Instructor
- Please see General Suggestions and Feedback
- IMPORTANT! Name your wikipages and attached files using unique titles/filenames: This Wiki system will overwrite pages/files with the same name. So IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE NAME OUR WIKIPAGES USING UNIQUE TITLES. For example, instead of "unit 1" or "lesson 1" you should use "Unit 1: Specific Title..." Similarly, for your curriculum maps and other attached files, please also use unique filenames such as "ICM_your name.doc"
- If you are trying to find useful videos (e.g., classroom episodes, educational videos) that can be embedded in your mini-course, you may find this site helpful:http://www.watchknow.org/
Video Tutorials about Wiki Editing
Three-part wiki tutorial created by Deb:
A few additional tutorials created by a former instructor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABA7bFjIF0 (adding and uploading images)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssTwH6km8S4 (creating new linked pages)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN4ucHQMc6U (copying code from someone else’s page, creating headings and table of contents)
- It is alway a good idea to first draft your text in a word processor and save it on your disk.
Please add your name below and link your name to your personal user page.
Some samples for you to look at. Click on the "edit" tab on the top right hand side of this wiki page to see the text formatting/commands used to click these pages and links. You can also view it step by step in the video tutorial above (the second tutorial).