ETAP 623 FALL 2015 - BYRNE section 5874
The ID Processes
- The design project expects you to exercise the processes of instructional design as we study/read about each component/step of it in this course; the processes need to be documented in your portfolio, such as these two:
- The design processes are scheduled as ETAP 623 FALL 2015 Design Project Agenda
Analysis of the Learner and Context
Teach the Dental Assisting student how to instruct a patient on preventive oral hygiene ==My Topic/Purpose==
Upon completion of my mini=course the student will be able to:
-identify and demonstrate, with confidence, the Bass technique of tooth brushing using a soft bristle toothbrush to a dental patient
-Identify and demonstrate with confidence how to use dental floss to clean between teeth to a dental patient
-instruct on different types of toothbrushes & floss [and where to shop for them] to the dental patient
-manage the dental patient in providing clear explanations on the importance of dental health for whole health and the prevention of decay and periodontal disease ==Performance Objectives==
As your end product, you will produce
- A mini-course for teacher learning, such as Integrating_Metacognitive_Development_in_Mathematics_Instruction, with teachers as your target learner/audience;
- This end product will be evaluated based on the following Evaluation_criteria
General Suggestions and Feedback from the Instructor
- Please see General Suggestions and Feedback
- IMPORTANT! Name your wikipages and attached files using unique titles/filenames: This Wiki system will overwrite pages/files with the same name. So IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE NAME OUR WIKIPAGES USING UNIQUE TITLES. For example, instead of "unit 1" or "lesson 1" you should use "Unit 1: Specific Title..." Similarly, for your curriculum maps and other attached files, please also use unique filenames such as "ICM_your name.doc"
- If you are trying to find useful videos (e.g., classroom episodes, educational videos) that can be embedded in your mini-course, you may find this site helpful:http://www.watchknow.org/
Three-part wiki tutorial created by Deb:
A few additional tutorials created by a former instructor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABA7bFjIF0 (adding and uploading images)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssTwH6km8S4 (creating new linked pages)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN4ucHQMc6U (copying code from someone else’s page, creating headings and table of contents )
Also, make sure to use the FAQ link here in the wiki for more tips and instructions.
- SOMETIMES WHEN SAVING YOUR PAGE THE SYSTEM WILL ASK YOU TO SOLVE A SIMPLE MATH, TO PREVENT POSSIBLE spam changes. You have to solve the math problem before your text can be saved.
- It is alway a good idea to first draft your text in a word processor and save it on your disk.
Please add your name below and link your name to your personal user page.
This is an example from a previous semester - please add a link to your own page with your name: