ETAP 623 FALL 2015 - BYRNE section 5874
The ID Processes
- The design project expects you to exercise the processes of instructional design as we study/read about each component/step of it in this course; the processes need to be documented in your portfolio, such as these two:
Teach the Dental Assisting student how to instruct a patient on preventive oral hygiene===Project Agenda===
- The design processes are scheduled as ETAP 623 FALL 2015 Design Project Agenda
===Performance Objectives===Upon completion of my mini=course the student will be able to:
-identify and demonstrate, with confidence, the Bass technique of tooth brushing using a soft bristle toothbrush to a dental patient
-Identify and demonstrate with confidence how to use dental floss to clean between teeth to a dental patient
-instruct on different types of toothbrushes & floss [and where to shop for them] to the dental patient
-manage the dental patient in providing clear explanations on the importance of dental health for whole health and the prevention of decay and periodontal disease
Analysis of the Learner and Context
As your end product, you will produce
- A mini-course for teacher learning, such as Integrating_Metacognitive_Development_in_Mathematics_Instruction, with teachers as your target learner/audience;
- This end product will be evaluated based on the following Evaluation_criteria
General Suggestions and Feedback from the Instructor
- Please see General Suggestions and Feedback
- IMPORTANT! Name your wikipages and attached files using unique titles/filenames: This Wiki system will overwrite pages/files with the same name. So IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE NAME OUR WIKIPAGES USING UNIQUE TITLES. For example, instead of "unit 1" or "lesson 1" you should use "Unit 1: Specific Title..." Similarly, for your curriculum maps and other attached files, please also use unique filenames such as "ICM_your name.doc"
- If you are trying to find useful videos (e.g., classroom episodes, educational videos) that can be embedded in your mini-course, you may find this site helpful:http://www.watchknow.org/
Three-part wiki tutorial created by Deb:
A few additional tutorials created by a former instructor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABA7bFjIF0 (adding and uploading images)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssTwH6km8S4 (creating new linked pages)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN4ucHQMc6U (copying code from someone else’s page, creating headings and table of contents )
Also, make sure to use the FAQ link here in the wiki for more tips and instructions.
- SOMETIMES WHEN SAVING YOUR PAGE THE SYSTEM WILL ASK YOU TO SOLVE A SIMPLE MATH, TO PREVENT POSSIBLE spam changes. You have to solve the math problem before your text can be saved.
- It is alway a good idea to first draft your text in a word processor and save it on your disk.
Please add your name below and link your name to your personal user page.
This is an example from a previous semester - please add a link to your own page with your name: