Donna Kiesel portfolio
Donna in this Mini-course will present Professional Adult Learners Online
Intent of This Project
This course explores issues and suggested strategies for teaching professional courses online.
Contemplate these questions:
- Who are the students?
- What are the tasks that they need to perform by the end of the course?
- What skills and supplies, software and equipment do they need to take the course?
- What is the difference between online instruction and live teaching in a classroom?
- What are the distinguishing features of online instruction that compliment classroom courses?
- How can a curriculum be designed to make the most of an online learning environment for professional adult learners?
Learning Outcomes for This Mini-Course
Learners will be able to:
- describe the features of student communication that are indicative of their individual learning style
- define a list of tasks and objectives that lead to completion of the learning goals of the course
- compose a course syllabus with instructions students need for their success in an online learning environment
- explain the strengths and weaknesses of live classroom learning
- explain the strengths and weaknesses of online instructional design
- develop an integrated classroom-online curriculum for a professional training program
- design a course evaluation strategy and do the first review