Differentiation in the form of Choice Boards within any discipline
"But do they really get it?", is a BIG question that is asked consistently by teachers throughout the day. Teachers are consistently coming up with new ways that will better help their students learn. This could be new activities, different strategies or just a new approach. When creating these new activities, strategies and approaches a teacher needs to keep in mind that all students are different. They think differently, act differently and learn differently. Therefore, it is important to Differentiate materials for all learners. WAIT A MINUTE! What does Differentiate mean? How can I differentiate my instruction? You have come to the right place! In this mini course, you will find all the answers to those two question and more!!
In this mini course you will learn:
- what Differentiate means
- why Differentiation is important
- an instructional tool to provide more opportunities for Differentiating ( Choice Boards)
- Steps to creating your own Choice Board.
In this mini course, you will learn what differentiation is and how it is important in the classroom setting.
Participants will be able to identify their own understanding of Differentiation as refine it based upon what is taught. Participants will identify why Differentiation of instruction is important in the classroom Participants will understand the process of creating differentiated choice boards Participants will create choice boards based upon their discipline
- identify what Differentiation is
- identify why it is important to provide Differentiation opportunities to learners.
- learn about an instructional tool used to provide more differentiation in a classroom, choice boards.
- identify the steps in creating a choice board.
- identify the standards within their discipline.