Creating a Webquest
As teachers we see how the use of technology is becoming a big part in our student’s every day lives, from cell phones, to video games to the computer. Technology is everywhere, so why not in the classroom. Our job as the teacher is to educate our students in our specific field. As we do this we want to make sure that our students are actively engaged in learning. Technology can help do this. There are many activities that can be done with the use of technology. One of these activities is called a webquest. Webquests are a great technology piece to incorporate into your unit plans.
- The following mini lesson I have created is about webquests.
- What webquests are and what components are needed to create your own webquest for your classroom.
- If you are a teacher who knows very little or nothing about webquests then this is the lesson for you.
- By the end of this lesson, you shall be able to:
- State what a webquest is
- Create a webquest for your specific content area
- Implement and facilitate the webquest you have created in your classroom
- To begin the lesson, click on the link for Unit 1 below.