Analyzing formative assessment results
By the end of this module you should be able to:
- Collect data using a Kahoot formative assessment
- Analyze formative assessment data and modify instruction
Black and William (1998)
The success of formative assessment is highly related to how teachers use it to adjust teaching and learning practices.
- Effective learning is based on active student involvement.
- Enhanced feedback is crucial to improved outcomes.
- There is a link between formative assessment and self-assessment.
Instruction Using Formative Assessment
It is important to remember that the process of formative assessment is iterative, meaning it is repeated until a desired goal (the learning outcome) is reached.
Black, P., & Wiliam, D. (2009). Developing the Theory of Formative Assessment. Educational Assessment, Evaluation And Accountability, 21(1), 5-31.
Formative Assessment That Truly Informs Instruction. (2017). Ncte.org. http://www.ncte.org/positions/statements/formative-assessment
Regier, N. (2012). Book two: 60 formative assessment strategies. Regier Educational Resources. Retrieved June, 4, 2014.