Allison Teicher - Mini Course: Social Emotional Learning in the Secondary Classroom
Social Emotional Intelligence in the Secondary Classroom
Hello and Welcome!
- You can identify basic emotions such as: happiness, sadness, and anger.
- You can understand the need for socializing outside of the classroom.
- You can recognize the importance of socializing inside of the classroom.
- You are able to read and write about emotions.
- You have access to an Internet connection and a digital device that can access our course's web-pages.
You will be able to:
- Define Social Emotional Intelligence Learning.
- Analyze the benefits and detriments of this type of learning in the classroom.
- Assess the importance of Social Emotional Intelligence learning in the classroom.
- Evaluate the beneficial and challenging aspects of working with the Social Emotional Intelligence model of learning.
- Produce a Social Emotional Intelligence activity of their own, using the guidelines presented.
Brief overview → Unit 1: Under Construction ← Test your knowledge about Social Emotional Learning with this super fun quiz: https://play.kahoot.it/#/k/6ce8381c-f012-42dd-81bf-3174bd9e19df
To place the above picture, first I uploaded it using the Upload file button in left pane. Then in Edit on this page I typed File:thenameofmypicture.jpg in double brackets. For the advanced features I added after jpg the following
|thumb - puts the image in a frame and allows me to add a width for my image
|300px - using any number sets the width of the image
|left - or right sets the alignment and allows text to wrap around the other side
|any text - place after the final pipe will be added as a caption to the image
The video for adding images can be found on youtube here.