Alicia Fernandez Portfolio
Source: California Education Partners
Welcome to Building Academic Vocabulary Across the Curriculum. This mini-course should serve to facilitate the integration of academic vocabulary instruction in all classrooms.
- Learners will be able to provide a general definition of academic vocabulary (Remember).
- Learners will be able to distinguish between instructional and subject-specific academic vocabulary (Understand).
- Learners will be able to identify and classify academic vocabulary according to tier, frequency of usage and applicability across disciplines (Understand, Apply and Analyze).
- Learners will ascertain how to incorporate tools and strategies in their pedagogy to increase academic vocabulary acquisition (Analyze and Evaluate).
- Learners will develop an academic vocabulary exercise to be implemented in their lesson plan(s) (Create).