Lesson 4: Learners will create their own strategy to implement in their classroom to promote and assess student mindsets.
Back to course home page: Growth Mindset (Fall 2018)
Promoting Growth Mindset in the Classroom
10 Ways Teachers can Instill a Growth Mindset in Students
- Avoid Praising Intelligence and Sheer Effort
- Use Diverse Teaching Strategies
- Introduce Simple Gamification Elements
- Teach the Values of Challenges
- Encourage Students to Expand their Answers
- Explain the Purposes of Abstract Skills and Concepts
- Allow Time for Goal-Based Journaling
- Say “Yet” More Often
- Help Students Change their Language
- Use Success Folders
Read more here- https://www.prodigygame.com/blog/growth-mindset-in-students/
How can you promote growth mindset in your classroom? Using your knowledge of growth mindset, create a lesson that promotes growth mindset in students. It may be through reflection, formative assessment, conversation, or in-class instruction. Click on the Google Doc to look at an example lesson and add your own.
Keep in mind the Mindset Assessment. ( https://www.mindsetworks.com/assess/ ) Think of your own mindset, as well as your student, classroom, and school mindset.
Guido, Marcus. (2016, December 22). 10 ways a teacher can instill a growth mindset in students [Blog]. Prodigy, https://www.prodigygame.com/blog/growth-mindset-in-students/
Mindset Assessments. Retrieved from https://www.mindsetworks.com/assess/.