ETAP 623 Spring 2016
The ETAP 623 class will use this wiki as a primary tool to create mini-courses, deploying your knowledge and skills learned about the ID processes. (Note: If you prefer to use a different tool, such as Google Sites, to create your online mini-course, please discuss with the instructor.)
- 1 The ID Processes
- 2 Project Agenda
- 3 End Product
- 4 Evaluation Criteria
- 5 General Suggestions and Feedback from the Instructor
- 6 Video Tutorials about Wiki Editing
- 7 Announcement
- 8 Class Members
- 9 Please make sure to check your UALBANY email for an important announcement on 5/7 regarding the final project!
The ID Processes
- The design project expects you to exercise the processes of instructional design as we study/read about each component/step of it in this course. The processes need to be documented in your project portfolio page.
- The design processes are scheduled as ETAP 623 Spring 2016 Design Project Agenda
As your end product, you will produce a mini-course for teacher learning, such as Integrating_Metacognitive_Development_in_Mathematics_Instruction, with teachers as your target learner/audience;
- This design process (portfolio) and end product (mini-course) will be evaluated based on the following Evaluation_criteria
General Suggestions and Feedback from the Instructor
- Please see General Suggestions and Feedback
- IMPORTANT! Name your wikipages and attached files using unique titles/filenames: This Wiki system will overwrite pages/files with the same name. So IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE NAME OUR WIKIPAGES USING UNIQUE TITLES. For example, instead of "unit 1" or "lesson 1" you should use "Unit 1: Specific Title..." Similarly, for your curriculum maps and other attached files, please also use unique filenames such as "ICM_your name.doc"
- If you are trying to find useful videos (e.g., classroom episodes, educational videos) that can be embedded in your mini-course, you may find this site helpful:http://www.watchknow.org/
Video Tutorials about Wiki Editing
Three-part wiki tutorial created by Deb:
A few additional tutorials created by a former instructor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABA7bFjIF0 (adding and uploading images)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssTwH6km8S4 (creating new linked pages)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN4ucHQMc6U (copying code from someone else’s page, creating headings and table of contents)
- It is alway a good idea to first draft your text in a word processor and save it on your disk.
Please make sure to check your UALBANY email for an important announcement on 5/7 regarding the final project!
Please add your name below and link your name to your personal user page.