ETAP 623 Fall 2022 (Zhang)
The ETAP 623 class (offered online at http://blackboard.albany.edu/) will use this wiki space to work on our ID project. Each of you will create a mini-course, deploying your knowledge and skills learned about the principles and processes of instructional design. It is our goal to carry out authentic instructional design and development to produce mini-courses for real use, as Open Educational Resources (OER) for teacher learning, improvement, and innovation.
An important note: When you contribute to this open space, please realize that the pages you created (saved) here are accessible to your peers in your current class and future classes. Other visitors who use KNILT as an educational resource may also see your pages. Please exercise social media discretion about what you post. For example, your self-introduction may focus on your professional background, and should not disclose sensitive personal information.
If you have any concern about the openness involved or want to prevent your work from being publicly visited, please contact Dr. Jianwei Zhang at jzhang1(at)albany.edu to negotiate a special setting during this project or request that your pages be removed from this site after your class is completed.
An Overview of the ID Project
The ID process
The ID project expects you to exercise the processes of instructional design as we study/read about each ID process in ETAP 623. The ID processes will be documented in your project portfolio page.
As your end product, you will produce a mini-course for teacher learning, with teachers as your target learner/audience. Use the Mini-Course front page template to organize your mini-course with navigation links to the units. You can see a set of example mini-courses featured at KNILT Home.
- The design processes are scheduled as ETAP 623 Fall 2022 Design Project Agenda. Complete your whole project by Dec 7, 2022.
- This design process (portfolio) and end product (mini-course) will be evaluated based on the following Evaluation_criteria
General Suggestions and Feedback from the Instructor
* Please click here to see very helpful General Suggestions and Feedback
- IMPORTANT! Name your wikipages and attached files using unique titles/filenames: This Wiki system will overwrite pages/files with the same name. So IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE NAME OUR WIKIPAGES USING UNIQUE TITLES. For example, instead of "unit 1" or "lesson 1" you should use "Unit 1: Specific Title..." Similarly, for your curriculum maps and other attached files, please also use unique filenames such as "ICM_your name.doc"
- It is always a good idea to first draft your text in a word processing package and then save it outside of the wiki. Back-ups are always handy to have!
Tutorials about Basic Wiki Editing
- Our KNILT wiki runs on the Mediawiki platform, which has incorporated the Visual Editor. See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:VisualEditor/User_guide
- A video guide on how to work on your portfolio and mini-course pages on KNILT: Zoom Video (Passcode: &6!3Z?U5)
Class Members and Mini-Courses
Please add your name below, followed by the link to "Name's ID portfolio page." You will later add your mini-course title (once decided) after your ID portfolio page link.
- A completed example: Ashley Howell: Developing the Joy of Reading in Students (in this example, the author name is linked to her portfolio page, followed by her mini-course title that is linked to the frontpage of her mini-course)
- Template: Sample Student's Portfolio Page (for documenting your ID processes); Mini-Course front page template (for organizing your final mini-course as the ID product)
Add your name and link below using this format:
[[Your name's ID portfolio page]]; [[your mini-course title]] to be added later when it is decided
Sample Student name: Sample Student's Portfolio Page; mini-course title
The following small groups are set up for peer developmental tryout and feedback. Please email your feedback to each of your peers, cc'ing email@example.com. You can find your peers' email addresses in the Facilitation schedule/sign-up sheet linked to our class home in Blackboard.
Luke Brush: Luke Brush's Portfolio Page; Increasing Physical Activity Levels and Participation in Physical Education
Maria Mateo: Maria Mateo Portfolio Page; Mini Course Title