ANNMARIE'S PORTFOLIO PAGE
Please follow this link to access the class page, ETAP 623.
Please follow this link to access ANNMARIE'S PROFILE PAGE.
- To introduce the possibilities of a MOO/MUD as a pedagogical tool, with a specific focus on existing literature and writing curriculums.
Teachers of literature and writing, regardless of where they are in their professional careers, are always seeking to hone their practice. Teachers are adopting or modifying pedagogical approaches in order to help students engage with texts and construct meaning. When a teacher introduces a classical work, such as A Midsummer Night's Dream or A Tale of Two Cities, the text might be difficult for students, especially struggling readers. However, the ultimate goal of the instructor is to facilitate deep literary understanding.
How can the pairing of technology and effective teaching strategies help students see beyond the surface?
Can teacher-facilitated MOOs help students develop deep literary understanding?
About the Learners
- The intended learners for this course are teachers of English (grades 9-12).
This mini course is an introduction to MOOs (or Multi-user Object Oriented systems). We will explore the role in which this technology can enrich students' understanding of literary works.
The intended learners will explore:
1. Why this form of technology might resonate with the twenty first century, adolescent learner
2. How MOOs have been implemented in meaningful ways by High School teachers and University Professors
3. How they might be able to apply these pedagogical concepts, even if the school lacks technology
Course Goals and Objectives
By the end of this course, learners should be able to:
- explain what a MOO is
- list servers or resources that support facilitating literature instruction with MOOs
- explain how MOOs benefit the reader's understanding
- list ways in which teachers, regardless of their access to technology, could apply these concepts within their classrooms
- implement activities in his/her class with MOOs to facilitate literary understanding
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO VIEW THE LESSON PLAN OUTLINE.
View File:Para ICM.pdf
Browse the Mini Course
Please follow this link to browse Using MOO's to Foster Literary Understanding.
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO ACCESS A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF SOURCES